Saturday 23 August 2008

Eco Etsy!

I am back!! - After a brief absence of busy craziness I have finally found the time to sit down and write a bit on my blog! I might even add a few things to my etsy shop as well!! While on etsy I cam across the EcoEtsyTeam - a great collection of designers all concerned with eco issues.

Members of Eco Etsy work together to...

* Find attractive ways to reuse packaging materials
* Find promotional materials that are Eco-friendly
* Promote Etsy through the creative reuse and labeling of packaging
* Create tutorials for sellers who want to reclaim old magazines, newspapers, and other resources to create packaging
* Actively participate in the Eco Etsy Yahoo group, Message Board, and other web based groups for the team.
* Create a list of tips for sellers who want their shops to be more "green"
* Educate buyers and sellers on the importance of reuse.

On of the members is Etsy shop Enthral which has some really great jewellery pieces all made from recycled vintage jewellery.





No comments: